National Youth Advisory Council
Do you know a young person who is passionate about their community and the environment and would make a great leader?
Keep America Beautiful is accepting applications for the National Youth Advisory Council. This is a unique opportunity for ten high school students (15-18 years old) from diverse backgrounds across the nation to participate in a service-learning and leadership development program. Participants will contribute to and inform KAB on programs while acting as ambassadors and leaders for youth service in their communities.
The National Youth Advisory Council creates a framework for youth engagement at the national, state and local level. The KAB YAC provides a youth voice to our programs and builds leadership. Members will serve as ambassadors and represent KAB.
Thanks to the generous support of the Wrigley Co. Foundation, the National Youth Advisory Council will provide youth with the opportunity to:
- Engage in creative work with a nonprofit organization focused on litter prevention, beautification, community greening, waste reduction and recycling
- Partner with like-minded youth who have unique perspectives from across the country
- Inform KAB on programs while learning about approaches for engaging youth in community service
- Act as a service-learning ambassador in their community and state by playing a leadership role in engaging youth in service and service-learning
Youth interested in applying must meet the following criteria:
- Be between 15-18 years old by June 1
- Be enrolled in high school (in grades 10, 11 or 12) in September 2015
- Be a USA resident and citizen
- Be able to commit to a term from June 2015 – June 2016 including a minimum of 1 hour per month
- Be available to travel on an expense-paid, youth leadership training as part of the KAB 2016 National Conference in Orlando, Florida January 29/30-February 3/4, 2016
- Be available for an in-person or conference call training during late Summer 2015
- Be available via phone and internet for monthly webinar meetings with fellow Council members
- Be able to provide feedback and participate in program evaluations
To review the application and instructions to prepare the application, visit the KAB website.
Applications accepted through May 15, 2015 5:00 pm HST. Application must be submitted on-line and is available by clicking here.
Criteria for selection will include, but not be limited to, geographic location, writing ability, leadership skills demonstrated, ability to commit time to serve on council, and focus area distribution.